The National Construction Code is an initiative of the Council of Australian Governments developed to incorporate all on-site building and plumbing requirements into a single code.
The NCC sets the minimum requirements for the design, construction and performance of buildings throughout Australia and is adopted at State or Territory Level, including into our Victorian Building Interim Regulations. The NCC Complete Series contains 5 documents:
- Volume One (Amendment 1) – contains the requirements for Class 2 to 9 (multi-residential, commercial, industrial and public) buildings and structures.
- Volume Two – contains the requirements for Class 1 (residential) and Class 10 (non-habitable) buildings and structures.
- Volume Three – contains the requirements for plumbing and drainage for all classes of buildings.
- The Guide – a companion manual to Volume One, which contains the requirements for Class 2 to 9 (multi-residential, commercial and industrial and public) buildings and structures. The Guide provides clarification, illustration and examples for complex NCC provisions and should be read in conjunction with NCC Volume One BCA.
- Consolidated Performance Requirements – provides a compilation of all NCC Performance Requirements and the supporting General Requirements in a single document.
A copy of the NCC Complete Series can be downloaded from the ABCB website.