Designing for Inclusion and Independence – An Explanatory Guide to support the Briefing and Design of Accessible Housing by Summer Housing
Designing for Inclusion and Independence aims to support stakeholders in the briefing, design and specification of high-quality accessible housing.
The guide is a practical resource that includes the following features:
- Background information and provisions in the one resource
- Explanatory information and examples to aid understanding
- Separate sections for different design stages, such as planning or detailed design stages
- Separate parts for particular building professionals, such as interiors, technology, fire safety etc.
- Key provisions presented as ‘checklists’, with further information presented as ‘practice tips’
- Inclusion of current design benchmarks: Livable Housing Australia (Platinum Level) and Specialist Disability Accommodation (High Physical Support), as well as further provisions aimed at best practice
The guide is made up of six parts which can be downloaded from the Summer Housing Website.
Egress Group Pty Ltd is honoured to have been referenced in the last part, on page 228, under the heading Fire Safety.
Additionally, Lee Wilson, Director of Egress Group and MAA Principal Consultant has been referenced under the Resources section on page 234 of the Appendix.