Victorian Building Authority Practice Note PN 14-2018, Access to Buildings for People with a Disability
The Victorian Building Authority has released Practice Note PN 14-2018 , Access to Buildings for People with a Disability, which provides guidance for building practitioners on how to work with the access provisions in the BCA and what are exemptions from those access provisions.
- It defines some concepts, including the ‘new part’ and ‘affected part’;
- Discusses the requirements for an unjustifiable hardship claim under Section 160B of the Building Act 1993;
- Outlines available concessions for existing accessible toilets and lifts;
- The potential for a lessee concession in multi-tenanted buildings; and
- Relevant Building Surveyor and building permit applicant responsibilities during a trigger for an upgrade of an existing building under the Building Regulations 2018
Download a copy of the Practice Note here.